For any Microsoft Windows or Microsoft Office user with a basic understanding of how to use a mouse and keyboard and navigate between different programs.
A basic understanding of how to navigate in Windows 7 or later, and to open, save and enter data into Office Programs.
This course will familiarize students with spreadsheet terminology and the fundamental concepts of Microsoft Excel 2013, including identifying Excel window components, navigating worksheets, and downloading templates. In addition, students will learn the basics of entering and editing text, values, and formulas, and how to save workbooks in the native Excel format, as well as in other formats. They will learn how to move and copy data and formulas, how to determine absolute and relative references, and how to work with ranges, rows, and columns. Students will also learn how to use simple functions, and how to easily apply formatting techniques to worksheet data. They will create and modify charts, and work with graphics. Finally, they will review workbooks for spelling errors, modify page setup, and print worksheets.
This course will cover the following topics...
- This module will explore navigating the interface and learning about Excel as a program.
- • Spreadsheet terminology
- • The Excel environment
- • Navigating a worksheet
- • Using a template
- This module will cover various ways of entering and editing data, as well as updating your workbook data.
- • Entering and editing text and values
- • Entering and editing formulas
- • Saving and updating workbooks
- This module will explore ways of manipulating the data in workbooks, and will provide a solid understanding of cell references and the use of references in formulas.
- • Moving and copying data
- • Moving, copying and viewing formulas
- • Absolute and relative references
- • Inserting and deleting ranges, rows and columns
- This module will focus on understanding and utilizing commonly used functions in Excel.
- • Entering functions
- • AutoSum
- • Other common functions
- This module will cover various options for formatting, to improve the aesthetic and functional look and feel of your workbooks.
- • Text formatting
- • Row and column formatting
- • Number formatting
- • Conditional formatting
- • Additional formatting options
- This module will focus on creating, formatting and modifying charts within Excel.
- • Chart basics
- • Formatting charts
- • Learn how to send and reply to mail
- • Using contextual chart tools
- Learn how to utilize graphics in your workbook to emphasis your data and make your spreadsheets more interesting and intriguing.
- • Working with pictures
- • Conditional formatting with graphics
- • SmartArt graphics
- This module will demonstrate how to modify your print and page options and prepare your document to print.
- • Preparing to print
- • Page setup options
- • Printing worksheets